The Hackathon of the year, hosted by the company behind the world's largest digital festival.
Dreamhackathon is the next great thing and surely you want to be there. At the heart of gaming and digital creativity a stunning hackathon (also known as game jam) will be hosted. Participate in teams armed with the latest tech and the greatest skills to produce the best results within the 24 hour timeframe. The giants from the gaming industry will be there, and they’ll bring new tech to tinker with! We have, on top of that, brought a jury we deem worthy the power of giving out over 100.000 SEK in prizes! This is something you don’t want to miss out. The setting is the Ericsson Globe, where everyone from skilled Indie developers to pro-gamers gather for a new digital festival in the capital, the question is… Are you up for the challenge?
With support from
$14,100 in prizes
The Grand Prize
Awarded to by the judge deemed best submission of the competition. BONUS #1 (OPTIONAL): CEDARWOOD will support the winning team with a business strategy workshop and a brand development workshop for startup acceleration. It also include financial strategy, and help setting up a company.
BONUS #2: Meebox provides free web hosting if you wish to have a new website!
Second Place Prize
The second place award!BONUS #1: Meebox provides free web hosting if you wish to have a new website!
Third Place Prize
The third place award! BONUS #1: Meebox provides free web hosting if you wish to have a new website!
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Participants: Individuals (over 18 years in age)
- Language: English (The jury might not know Swedish)
- Location: You need to be able to attend the event the 26th-27th of September
The submission cannot involve anything against the Swedish law. Except of that we will try to cover everything by guiding the competition via the juging critera. We will support major platforms such as Android, Windows, Mac, Iphone and linux devices (please contact us if you don't know if your platform will work).
Note: Some hardware by sponsors might not work on every platform, read about the requirements here.
- Tobii EyeX requires USB 3.0 and Windows as OS
- Unity requires: OS: Windows XP SP2+, 7 SP1+, 8; Mac OS X 10.6+. Windows Vista is not supported; and server versions of Windows & OS X are not tested. GPU: Graphics card with DX9 (shader model 2.0) capabilities. Anything made since 2004 should work.
- Unreal Engine requires: Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later. Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster. NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher 8 GB RAM
How to enter
The sign-up process is open over at http://www.dreamhack.se/stockholm14/hackathon/apply/
Community Evangelist / Unity3D
Executive Producer / Paradox Interactive
CEO / Mondido Payments
Xue Mei Rhodin
CEO / CEDARWOOD
Vice President / Tobii
Sjoerd De Jong
Evangelist / Epic Games
Engineer / Google
Most Innovative Idea
- By the judges deemed most innovative and ground breaking idea. This idea is likely something new.
- By the judges deemed most intuitive and best designed gameplay. The focus is the interaction between technology and human.
- The participants will also be able to cast their votes!
Best Sound Environment
- By the judges deemed best audio experience.
Best Visual Experience
- By the judges deemed best visual experience, regarding things like illustrations, cutscenes or game environment.
- Yes! A prize for the best presentation will be awarded the team which probably have put some thought into the presentation.
These does not count toward the Grand Prizes.
Best EyeX Integration
The Best EyeX integration will be decided! This special prize is brought to you by Tobii.
Best Payment Integration
This special prize is brought to you by Mondido. The idea with the best integrated payment solution will get this! The winning team in the “Best Payment Integration” category will also be awarded at least $150 worth of AWS credits to use after the event!